Adult IOP Partnership With Addiction Recovery Services
ABOUT OUR IOP PROGRAM
Our Intensive Outpatient Program (commonly referred to as IOP) consists of group therapy and education for three hours a day, four days a week for 5 weeks (20 sessions in total.) The length of treatment may be extended depending on individual needs and progress during the initial 20 sessions. Intensive Outpatient Treatment at ARS also includes weekly consultation with a board certified addiction psychiatrist or psychiatric nurse practitioner at no additional charge. Many programs do not offer this benefit. Medications such as suboxone, vivitrol, campral and naltrexone as well as medicine to help manage mental health symptoms can be accessed quickly when indicated. There are no waiting lists to access services. All services are provided by licensed and experienced therapists, psychiatrists and nurse practitioners.
Please use this free resource to better understand our Intensive Outpatient Program. If you have additional questions you would like addressed, please schedule an appointment or arrange for an individual assessment by calling one of our counselors at 978.228.5853.
- People returning from an inpatient detox or residential program.
- People that wish to continue working and living at home while in treatment.
- People that are seeking help for the first time or that are uncertain of the amount of help they might need.
- People with untreated mental health symptoms contributing to their substance use.
- Relationship conflict, difficulty with emotions such as anger, sadness, and boredom, and negative thinking lead to the use of drugs and alcohol and problematic mental health symptoms. With that in mind, groups at ARS include discussions and skill building activities about communication and improving relationships, changing our thoughts, identifying and coping with our emotions and having fun.